Wednesday, February 4, 2009

"Take Your Heart to Work Day" Experience

Hello Sheila,
I'd like to share my experience with your focus card on 'Take your Heart to Work Day' Jan 27th, 2009.
I'm not new at writing inspirational little notes to myself, but I hadn't actually done it for some time. So I printed off your great focus card and filled it in (just for fun). I was soon reminded of the powerful effects of defining and committing to, what is "really, really, really important". I carried the card with me and came across it several times when I was reaching for something else. Soon, my focus message automatically came to mind before every encounter. The use of the card really helped me to clarify my focus while letting the 'rest of the rubble' of mindless thinking drift into the background. I felt a flow and ease as I interacted with others and it greatly contributed to the helpful and positive results I experienced.
At the end of the day, I couldn't help thinking what our lives, our work and our world might be like, if each one of us took a minute before we started our day to collect our thoughts and focus on what is really at the heart of the matter.
Thanks for the great reminder!
Sincerely,
Theresa Tomilson RNCP

No comments: